Pilsner Super Eight.
Tuesday 7th August 2018.
Nyamityobora FC 1-0 Kirinya Jinja SSS.
By Abou Champion.
Second half substitute Mpengere Ibrahim scored the only goal of the game as Nyamityobora FC defeated Kirinya Jinja SSS in the Pilsner Super Eight competition in Kakyeka Mbarara on Tuesday.
Mpengere Ibrahim who came on for the injured Ebong Lamek early in the second have scored with Nyamityobora FC’s only second half short on target to seal the win for the Banyakare in a game that very much looked like was heading to penalties.
The goal came three minutes from time to send Nyamityobora fans into wild celebrations after so many chances had gone begging in front of goal.
Former Onduparaka FC midfielder Ivan Mbowa organised the team very well with his command in midfield to ensure his new teammates did not lose focus.
What the coaches said.
Nyamityobora FC coach James Odoch.
“We would have won the game in the first half because we got so many chances and failed to utilize them, the game should have been won early in the first half”.
“It good that we finally won the game in the last minute, but it was our game”.
Odoch insisted that there is a lot to be done in preparation for life in the top tier of Uganda’s football and wished the semi final draw lands him on a bigger opponent.
“Beating Kirinya Jinja SSS does not mean we are a good side, the league is different and some of the players are still in preseason, that means we have to be stronger, because in this competition every one is just trying out with new players”.
“I would like to face a bigger side in the next round because we need to show our fans that we can win games”.
The coasch also confirmed that the team has only twenty players after trying out with so many during the 2-0 defeat to URA FC in a friendly.
Kirinya Jinja SSS coach Ayiekoh Charles.
”In the first ten minutes, we squandered a lot of chances with Joel Madondo playing childish football and Nyamityobora FC capitalized, they came in knowing we were a better side but after wasting our chances, they knew they could push the game into penalties”
Ayieko also noted that the defeat will help the team prepare in time for the upcoming Uganda Premier League season and believes they will have a better season this time.
“I think it’s going to give me time to work on my team, because the defense is OK, but the striking line, being off season, I need to tune them back to the level where they were, because they were scoring goals, so, I think they let us down today because they wasted most of the chances”.
“Apart from losing, the game was OK, it was just a few minutes when the pitch was teasing us, the team is going to play well this season, I have what it takes to win a trophy”.
- Nyamityobora FC have now scored in 16 consecutive home games in all competitive games.
- The Banyakare picked up a win at Kanyeka for the first time in three attempts, having lost their previous two against Mbarara City FC in the FUFA Big League and URA FC in a preseason build up match.
- Nyamityobora had one short on target in the second half.
- The win also means Nyamityobora have won only once in the their last three games against Uganda Premier League sides, Bul FC 1-0, URA FC 2-0.
- Nyamityobora scored their first goal against a Uganda Premier League side in three attempts.
Kirinya Jinja SSS.
- The Jinja based side has won a single game in their last eight games.
- Since joining Kirinya Jinja SSS, Charles Ayieko has played against twice Mbarara based sides W1, D1.
- Kirinya Jinja SSS had three former Nyamityobora FC player in their starting eleven, Douglas Muganga, Kawawulo Isma, Muwawu Faizal.
- Kirinya Jinja SSS have kept one cleansheet in their last eleven away games in all competitions, a 2-0 win against Mbarara City FC in may.
How they lined up.
Oringa Franco (GK), Katende Hamisi, Komakech Alex, Bani Calvin, Otieno Joseph, Mbowa Ivan, Matovu Brian, Sebutinde Charles, Kiiza David (Akandwanaho Joseph), Kisakye Wisely, Ebong Lamek (Pengere Ibrahim)
Un used Substitutes.
Jomi Hillary (GK), Arinaitwe Martin.
Kirinya Jinja SSS.
Didi Muhammad (GK), Drajua Allan, Kawawulo Isma, Douglas Muganga, Isinde Isaac, Akol Godfrey, Kasonko Gorge, Kirya Jeromy (Makon Laundry), Amaku Fred, Muwawu Faizal, Madondo Joel (Mayanja Anthony)
Lubankene Emanuel (GK), Willy Makuro, Zziwa Vicent, Etoju Amos, Mubiru Geoffrey.
George Kasonko (Kirinya Jinja SSS), Ivan Mbowa and Buruhan Matovu (Nyamityobora FC).
Muhabi Alex (Center Referee)
Okello Lee (First Assistant Referee ).
Nakito Marex (Second Assistant Referee).
Ssemambo Aisha (Forth Official).
Amin Bbosa (Referee Assessor).
KCCA FC 3-2 Bul FC.
Thursday 9th, August 2018
SC Villa vs URA FC-Namboole
Saturday 11th, August 2018
Ndejje University vs Oduparaka- Ndejje University, Luwero.