Pilsner Super Eight
Tuesday 7th August 2018.
Nyamityobora FC vs Kirinya Jinja SSS
By Abou Champion.
Nyamityobora FC will play their first competitive game as a Uganda Premier League side when they host Kirinya Jinja SSS in the Pilsner FUFA Super Eight tournament on Tuesday at Kakyeka Stadium in Mbarara.
The Banyakare earned promotion to Uganda’s elite league after topping the Rwenzori group during the 2018-18 FUFA Big League, though finished second overall after losing 1-0 to Ndejje University during the playoffs grand final at Lugogo in Kampala.
It’s the first competive game Nyamityobora FC will play at their new home, Kakyeka Stadium after changing status from a FUFA Big League side to a Uganda Premier League side.
Nyamityobora have already played at kakyeka in a preseason friendly that ended in a 2-0 defeat against URA FC on Saturday 4th August.
Kirinya Jinja SSS coach Ayiekoh Charles returns to Kakyeka for the second time since leaving Nyamityobora FC and will be looking to register back to back wins having beaten Mbarara City FC 2-0 in the Uganda Premier League back in May.
Nyamitybora have lost the services of striker Abatoo Yusuf, midfielder Douglas Muganga (both to Kirinya Jinja SSS) and defender Musa Doka who joined Kitara FC.
Former KCCA FC, URA FC and Bidco goalkeeper Olinga Franco has not arrived in time and will not be considered for this fixture, Ndawula Moses (toe) and Wamala henry (heel) are sidelined till further notice.
First choice goalkeeper Hilary Jomi is expected to keep his place in goal after scoring an own goal in a 2-0 defeat to URA FC.
Head Coach James Odoch is expected to hand debuts to youngsters Musinge Charles (18) and Achile Bosco (21) who joined from NTODA FC and Amuka Bright Stars respectively.
- Nyamityobora FC.
The Banyakare have scored in their last 15 games at home in all competitions.
- Nyamityobora have lost only one home game in 15 competitive games.
- David Kiiza Neymar finished last season ast their top goal scorer in the FUFA Big League, finding the back of the net 8 times.
- Nyamityobora ranked among top three goal scorers in the top two divisions in Uganda last season with 37 goals, only KCCA FC (54) and Vipers SC (50) scored more.
- The Banyakare had the best defense in Uganda’s top two leagues, conceding only 10 goals in the FUFA Big League, two fewer than Champions Ndejje University and SC Villa Jogoo (12).
- The last time Nyamityobora played a side from Jinja they were beaten 1-0 by Bul FC in the Stanbic Uganda Cup.
- Nyamityobora have already lost to Uganda Premier League side this preseason, 2-0 to URA FC.
Kirinya Jinja SSS.
- Kirinya have managed only one win in their last seven games, a 2-0 win against Mbarara City in may.
- They have managed two wins on the road in their last 12 games, beating Maroons 2-1 in march and Mbarara City 2-0 in May.
- Kirinya have also managed two cleansheets in their last ten competitive games, 2-0 wins against Mbarara City FC and Express FC.
- Only Bul FC conceded more goals (29) than Kirinya Jinja SSS (27) among the sides that finished in the top six during last season’s Uganda Premier Leagu.
- Fred Amaku (8) and Musa Esanu (9) scored 56% of Kirinya Jinja SSS’ goals in the Uganda Premier League last season.
Nyamityobora FC match day squad.
Oringa Franco, Jomi Hilary, Ogwang Saddam.
Misi Katende, Alex Komakech, Dominic Osinde, Muzafaru Ssenyonyi, John Paul Acire.
Martin Arinaitwe, Godfrey Ssembatya, Julien Mayange, Lamech Ebong, Edward Kawooya, Brian Mugisha, Buruhan Matovu, Bromson SSerurumira, Ivan Mbowa, John Wisely Kisakye.
Patrick Gonahasa, Joseph Akandwanaho, Charles Ssebutinde, David Kiiza Neymar, Charles Musiige.
Head Coach. James Odoch
Assistant Coach. Ssekiziyivu Juma.
Muluri Mayanja Brian
Kirinya Jinja SSS Squad.
Goal keepers: Emanuel Lubankene, Opoka Attino, Didi Muhammad.
Defenders: Allan Drajua, Mukuro Willy, Kawawulo Isma, Debbo Julius, Sabir Nesta, Muganga Douglas, Isaac Isinde.
Midfielders: Akol Godfrey, Kasonko Gorge, Etoju Amos, Kiriya Jeromy, Makon Laundry, Nkolo Blaise, Sula Wambede, Zziwa Vicent, Mandela Nelson, Bagoole David, Mayanja Anthony.
Strikers: Abatoo Yusuf Bamutura, Amaku Fred, Muwawu Faizal, Sswava Dan, Madondo Joel, Mubiru Geoffrey.